Service is the most basic definition of a booking solution. To complete service definition we have to say when the service is available, duration of service, category of service, etc.
Examples of services,
- For skin clinic, services will be like Dermal Filllers, Tatoo Removal, etc – We are going to create service considering this use case.
- Spa will have services like Hair Color, Bridal Mackup, etc
- For hospitals, services will be like Cardiologists(Jack), Cardiologists(Tom), Allergists(Mark), etc
Create one on one service
- Use Salesforce app launcher to choose “Booking Social” app.
- Choose service tab and click on “New Service” button
Now is the critical part, you have to choose which types of service you want to create. Based on your nature of business you have to decide. For now, we are creating a one to one service considering ABC Clinic.
For one on one service we define the following fields,
- Service Name – Name of the service. This value will be displayed on books widget.
- Description – Description of the service with useful information for clients. This value will be displayed on books widget.
- Service Category – If we need to group services we have to choose the right category of service
- Working hour – We have to mention when the booking will be available. eg. Mon to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
- BKSL Account – Choose the appropriate business unit(Booking Social Account)
- Duration – Set the service duration. eg. 30 min or 45 min
- Active – We have to make this active so that you can get this on booking screen
When ever an appointment is booked, do you want to assign your employee directly to the appointment. We have three types of facilities available. Following are the ways in which you can auto assign expert to appointment,
- Preferred expert – One to one assignment, when ever an appointment is booked it get assigned to preferred expert. You cannot overbook in this case, once the slot is booked no onther client can book the same slot.
- Round Robin – Let you to form a queue and the slots gets assigned to each expert untill no one is available. Once everyone is booked you cannot book that slot.
- Multi Expert – If two experts need to be there for an appointment, use this configuration.
Create Expert and Assign to Service
- To assign expert for the service, we have to create expert and setup working hour for expert.
- We have to assign the expert to service via expert service junction object.